Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Married Marathoners




We are the "Married Marathoners", Lori and Logan.  This is Logan speaking now.  We plan to take turns writing blog posts so you can hear from both of our points of view (and both of our writing styles). I should start out by saying to everyone that we have not run a marathon yet. This blog will be about our adventure of training for our first half (and hopefully full) marathon. For this first post I think I'm just going to start off with a small introduction to what we would like this blog to be about and just try to get the ball rolling on this whole 'blogging' thing!

I suspect that at the beginning of this whole adventure the only people who will be reading this are our family and friends, if even those people are interested, BUT if you do not know Lori or I personally and would like to learn more about us I will direct you to the about me section which should be available over there --->

Truthfully, I never really thought I would be interested in blogging until I started reading Runners World's website. They have a ton of bloggers who post articles on daily, and when I started to read them I realized I really enjoyed it. Then I started to think "Hey, I can do that!" when in reality I have no idea if people want to hear what I have to say or not. 

I have become very much addicted to the sport of running, though, and want to share that excitement with anyone who will listen. So, if you enjoy that same passion, hopefully you will continue to follow us as we progress as runners and share your thoughts as well in the comments. 

I think what will make an interesting blog is if we get feedback from our readers and hopefully we can get to know you as you get to know us through the blog. Hopefully you've stuck through the blathering and we can talk about some running!

For now I'll just start out with where we are at in our running and then in the future we can really break down some of the aspects we'd both like to talk about. 

(From future Logan): I started writing this and thought I wouldn't have enough to fill a page but now I realize I want to put too much in to one post so I think I'm going to keep the rest of this quite short and we can look forward to more information in posts in the future.

To date the furthest run either of us have done is 9 miles.

Lori and I just started our running careers this year. So, neither of us have much experience in the sport at this point but I know we both enjoy it a lot! We have both only really worn Vibram Fivefinger shoes for our runs, so you can look forward to some of our thoughts on the 'barefoot running experience'.  In about one month (October 20th) we will be running our first half marathon!

We have been to  few shorter races/fun runs at this point and I'm sure we will go into more in depth discussions about those later also but here is a quick list of them. 

Color Run 5k x2
Glow Run 5k
Riverben Rally 8k
Running Scared 5k

Question of the Day:
What would you like to see us write about in our blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment